Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Venice

I thought that it was time to get off my ass and see something else than the inside of my dorm room. After some heavy persuading, I was dragged off by by my travel companion Shelly (One in the funky picture below). It was carnival weekend, so we were really excited as we set forth. We left friday night on the night train to Bologne. After drinking away the thought of sitting on a train for 5 hours, we were on our way. I must say I slept quite well, but Shelly reported otherwise. Apparently one of the other 4 in our wagon had kept the blankets vibrating throughout the night (probably why I was knocked out). We arrived safe and sound though, without any lasting damage.

I've been to Venice once before, but the sight of the city still knocked me over. This is a trip I would reccomend everybody to take. It's a city unlike any other. One thing though, going during carneval can be quite a hassle. At the more popular places in town, we constantly had to fight our way through the masses. Other than that....wow! Enjoy the pictures below!











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home